The goal of medication management is ensuring drug appropriateness, effectiveness and safety. This process includes:
- Assessment of the diagnosis for medication use
- Strategies to reduce medication based on clinical judgment
- Addressing behaviors related to medications
- Identifying effective ways of reducing side effects of medication
- Monitoring for adverse reactions to medications
- Conducting an Abnormal Involuntary Movement Scale (AIMS) assessment
Medication can be an appropriate and important component of achieving wellness. But making sure that the right drug and the right dose is administered at the right time is critical for the patient’s safety and improvement.
Davis Behavioral Health offers a medication management walk-in clinic to residents of Davis County. It’s available for both adults and children. To address key metrics of medication management, clients are seen within the week following an initial medical evaluation for a follow-up appointment. We also have open time each week for existing clients, giving them the opportunity to be seen urgently without the need for an appointment. Contact us to learn how our medication management service can help you or a loved one find optimal health.